How to make a car insurance claim
If you need to report a claim, you must report it as soon as possible.
Call our 24 hour helpline on 0333 321 9800
We will be more than happy to help, talking you through your claim details and informing you on the next steps to take. It will help us process your claim more easily if you can have the following information to hand:
- Date of the incident.
- Time of the incident.
- Location of the incident.
- Telephone number, name and addresses of parties involved and their vehicle registration number(s), if known.
- Details of how the loss occurred e.g. accident, fire, theft, etc.
- Photographic evidence (if possible).
If your claim is for windows or glass only, please call the number on your insurer's certificate and schedule.
Important points to remember
- Do not admit that you are responsible, make any offer or promise of payment without written permission from your insurer.
- Send your insurer written details as soon as possible after any accident, injury, loss or damage, including any correspondence received from a third party.
- Send your insurer, unanswered, any letter or other communication as soon as you receive it from anyone else involved.
- Immediately tell your insurer about any prosecution, coroner's inquest or fatal accident inquiry involving any person covered by this insurance.
- Give your insurer all the information and help we need to ensure we deal with your claim as quickly as possible.