i Affected by Coronavirus? Visit our help and guidance

Your Cover

Choose the right level of car insurance for you - comprehensive cover will protect your car in the event of damage by accident, theft, fire or vandalism, helping to get you back on the road quickly.

Third party, fire and theft cover is also available if you prefer - this may be cheaper, but won't cover damage to your car caused in an accident or by vandalism.

Included in your car insurance cover:

  • New car replacement. 1
  • Free courtesy car if your car is being repaired by an approved repairer. 2
  • FREE EU cover for up to 90 days per trip.
  • Unlimited cover for audio equipment permanently fitted to your car. 3
  • Medical expenses of up to £500 per person if you or anyone in your car are involved in an accident and injured. 1
  • Personal belongings cover of up to £300 if they are lost or damaged in an accident, fire or theft (with comprehensive cover only). 4

Limitations may apply.

Uninsured Driver Promise:

In the event that you are involved in an accident that is not deemed to be your fault and the driver of the vehicle that hits you is not insured, your no claims discount will not be prejudiced in any way and you will not have to pay an excess.

This is subject to the following conditions being met:

  • You providing us with the make, model and registration of the car.
  • Where possible, the other driver’s name and address.

Vandalism Promise:

If you make a claim for your car as a result of vandalism which is a malicious or deliberate act, you will not lose your no claims discount. This is subject to the following conditions being met:

  • The excess is paid.
  • You report the incident to the police and provide us with your crime reference number.
  • Your no claims discount will be prejudiced until such a time as you provide your crime reference number.

Optional extras are also available e.g. legal expenses cover to help you claim any uninsured losses after a non-fault accident, or for any injuries you suffer.

Legal expenses cover

You can claim up to £100,000 to pay your legal costs, claim back your policy excess, or get compensation for you and your family if you suffer injury or loss of life in a non-fault motor accident that would not be covered by any standard car insurance policy.

Breakdown cover


We offer four levels of breakdown cover; roadside recovery, UK recovery, home service, and European cover. If your vehicle can't be driven because of a breakdown, your insurer will arrange for the service as shown below.

Service Roadside Roadside
& Recovery
Recovery &
at home
European motoring assistance
Misfueling in the UK
UK-wide coverage
Roadside assistance
Caravan and trailer service
Recovery away from home
Emergency driver
Cover at home
Cover in Europe

Personal accident

If you suffer a specified injury in an accident, you will receive a benefit of £20,000. If you are a victim of road rage, this cover pays £100 for each day spent in hospital, along with other benefits.

For full policy details, please read our policy wording.

  1. Available on comprehensive policies, terms and conditions apply.
  2. Providing you have the appropriate cover and you use your insurer's nominated repairer you will get a courtesy car for the duration of your repair. This is not available in the event of a total loss.
  3. Available on Comprehensive and Third party fire and theft cover only, for equipment permanently fitted by the manufacture as part of the specifications of your vehicle when first registered.
  4. Only applies to Comprehensive cover. Items in the car at the time of the accident / loss £300 max for any one claim, terms and conditions apply.
back to top